Alaiedon Elementary will receive a new office with a secure entry, HVAC improvements, new doors and hardware, updated interior finishes and new lockers. Kindergarten students will be relocated to the Harvey Education Center and Alaiedon Elementary will house grades 1-5.
- The remodeling, consolidation and reconfiguration of the current outdated and undersized kindergarten and grade 1 classrooms will provide appropriate, modern learning spaces for early elementary-aged students. Classrooms currently housed in makeshift spaces will be relocated to appropriately sized classrooms.
- Two additional on-site classrooms will be added.
- The remodeling of the outdated cafeteria/gym and the addition of a multi-purpose room will provide additional space for physical education and large-group instruction.
- Site upgrades will include improved traffic circulation for parent pick-up and drop-off and increased parking.
- The instructional technology and infrastructure budget for Alaiedon will include new cabling, network switches, improved bandwidth, upgrades to video surveillance and new student and staff devices.
- Classroom multi-media upgrades will include enhanced sound systems and new display equipment.
- New furnishings in select locations will include desks, chairs, tables and other equipment for classroom use.
- Air conditioning will be added/upgraded for the entire building.