North Aurelius Elementary will receive a secure entry, new windows, HVAC improvements, new doors and hardware, updated interior finishes and new lockers. Kindergarten students will be relocated to the Harvey Education Center and North Aurelius Elementary will house grades 1-5.
- The remodeling, consolidation and reconfiguration of the current outdated and undersized kindergarten and grade 1 classrooms will provide appropriate, modern learning spaces for early elementary-aged students. Classrooms currently housed in makeshift spaces will be relocated to appropriately sized classrooms.
- Two additional on-site classrooms will be added to eliminate two portable classrooms located behind the school.
- The remodeling of the outdated cafeteria/gym and the addition of a multi-purpose room will provide additional space for physical education and large-group instruction.
- Site upgrades will include improved traffic circulation for parent pick-up and drop-off, expanded parking and a new septic system.
- The instructional technology and infrastructure budget for North Aurelius will include new cabling, network switches, file servers, improved bandwidth, upgrades to video surveillance and new student and staff devices.
- Classroom multi-media upgrades will include enhanced sound systems and new display equipment.
- New furnishing will include desks, chairs, tables and other equipment for classroom use.
- Air conditioning will be added/upgraded for the entire building.